Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Italy- Naples, Cinque Terra and Rome

Drinks with some Aussie girls- Trastevere, Rome

Does this need a caption?

Yep, the cheesy Pisa shot :)


The amazing Cinque Terra- this was our village



Pompeii ruins


I haven't blogged in ages since it has been rather difficult to a) find time b) get good internet access. I'm now sitting in my awesome hostel (Castle Rock) in Edinburgh, but I thought I'd share some of my experiences over the last few weeks...
Italy. Home of pizza, amazing gelato and full of ruins basically.
Here's what we did:
- Stayed in Naples. Interesting place. Blondes are a minority and so you attract unwanted attention. One boy even spat on Sarah and I from a train- guess it was obvious we were tourists.
- Visited Pompeii- AMAZING. It is easy to imagine the Romans strolling through their city.
- Went to the Amalfi coast- sheer cliffs and busy beaches.
In Rome we:
- Checked out all of the amazing ruins, the Trevi fountain, Spanish steps (overrated), Michelangelo's various statues, the Pantheon...
- Toured to Vatican.
- Visited eerie catacombs where the Christians once worshipped.
- Ate ridiculous amounts of pizza (cheap and easily accesible) and amazing gelato.
- One of my favourite places was Trastevere- full of nice pubs and restuarants.
- Sampled wines in Rome's biggest wine bar.
In Pisa we:
- Did the tourist thing- lots of silly shots on the lawns.
In Cinque Terra we:
- Did the amazing walk between the five villages there along the coast.
- Hang out in our little apartment with our 'housemates' and actually cooked! (First time in the trip)
- Simply soaked in the sun...

2 comments:

  1. Is the bar you're at in the first pic the one that I suggested? It looks the same, anyways!

    ReplyDelete