Sunday, August 29, 2010

Enchanting Edinburgh


Edinburgh- again, a highlight. It's got a great vibe and impressive buildings. Sarah and I spent our days going to various Fringe gigs, watching street performers and eating haggis. We also went to see the Military Tattoo- a lot more fun than you might imagine! Enjoy the pics :)

A wee bit of scotch whisky to keep me warm during the Military Tattoo.
The various band of the Tattoo coming together- the Kiwis were the best- their routine incorporated the Haka, Tchaikovsky and music from 'Get Smart'- very clever!
Sarah and I before the show began.
Sarah and I both LOVED haggis. You just need to get past how it is made!
Drinking cider between gigs at the Fringe.
View of the castle from our hostel at night.
Crowds and clouds.
Crazy knife man who did a show every day along the Royal Mile.
Sarah was a whiz at making bubbles!
The Royal Mile- I loved the Reformation age buildings.

1 comment:

  1. ooh how exciting! looks awesome :) you will have to let me know how haggis is made :) hehe

    ReplyDelete